gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Off-topic but...

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Off-topic but...
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 11:25:50 -0800

Yo Gerry!

On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 12:53:01 -0600
Gerry Creager - NOAA Affiliate <address@hidden> wrote:

> This is the most likely place I could think of to ask.

Seems on topic to me.

> For a HamSci project, I'm interested in multi-frequency (L1/L2c/L5)
> chipsets. While 3-freq's would be ideal, 2-freqs should work OK.

How big is your budget?  L2 gets expensive, L5 is rare air.

Just an L1/L2 antenna costs way more ($100+) than most good L1 GPS
($15+).

A used Trimble is popular with hams.  Look on ebay for $2,500 and up,
way up.

Just search for 'gps l1 l2' on ebay.

Trimble also sells modules, as does Javad.

If you got $10k to spare you look at Javad (javad.com).

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588