gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Time Bug with multiple GPS receivers

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Time Bug with multiple GPS receivers
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 15:35:04 -0800

Yo Brett!

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 20:50:03 +0000
"Brotherton, Brett" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am trying to run with 2 GPS receivers (one u-blox and one sirf
> based).  The ublox has no fix but the sirf does and I should be able
> to get valid data from it.  However the timestamp jumps all over the
> place and is not right.  Below is an output from gpsmon -a -D 9.

How are the GPS connected?  USB?  Serial?  High baud rate?

What version gpsd?  How was it built?  How did you run gpsd?

How long did you let it run?  Had it run long enough to have the
current almanac?

> The first SiRF timestamp of 1519676009 (0x5A946A69) all subsequent
> timestamps are wrong and examing the hex values it appears the lower
> 2 bytes are good but the upper 2 bytes are wrong (eg next value of
> 2138991210 is 0x7F7E6A6A).  If I run gpsd with just one device
> everything works fine but running with the 2 consistently gives bad
> timestamps.

Never seen a problem likst that.  So maybe do not do that?

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588