gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] [ Feature Proposal ] [RFC ] client-side-python-libraries

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] [ Feature Proposal ] [RFC ] client-side-python-libraries may recconect to an intermittent gps daemon
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 17:33:24 -0800

Yo teyrana!

On Fri, 2 Mar 2018 11:46:22 -0500
teyrana <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm currently writing a patch for the python client side libraries to
> enable them to reconnect to intermittent gpsd instance.

Cool.

> 1. Would the list be interested in getting a patch for this feature?

Dunno about the list, but I always thought the current bahavior was annoying.

> 2. If so, what would the preferred invocation of this feature be?
> Current proposal:

Speaking for myself, I would just make autoreconnect the default.

On a similar note, when gpsd is not getting any data, it does not send
anything to the client.  No way to know if gpsd or the GPS stopped
talking.  Seems like that could be improved somehow as well?

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588