gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Skytraq binary support for Venus838

From: Kai Harrekilde-Petersen
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Skytraq binary support for Venus838
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 13:50:19 +0100

Hi Gary,

On 18-03-2018 02:12, Gary E. Miller wrote:
Yo Kai!

Yeah, small patches a few at a time is best.

Please find two patches attached for serial.c and driver_nmea0183.c - these are really independent of the Skytraq changes I have. I decided to make the NMEA change the minimum possible, as I have no idea of where to stash & use the data from the DTM and GRS sentences. If someone would like to try their hands on it, I've got plenty of NMEA data to share.

Yeah, it is possibly the fastest commercial GPS you can get your
hands on. I plan to use it as a laptimer/datalogger on my motorcycle,
together with logging accelerations and rotational angles using the
9-DOF MPU-9250 chip. This is quite different from 'normal' use so I'm
not sure if I'll use gpsd in the end or not.
Past time that gpsd had some IMU support, not sure exactly how to do it.

There is an RTKlib on github that I'll be taking a look at. The 'trick' is to use a Kalman filter to merge the accell/gyro data together with the GPS readings.

AN0030_1.4.31.pdf, the Raw Measurement Data Extentions.  Basically the
RTK stuff.

https://navspark.mybigcommerce.com/content/AN0030_1.4.31.pdf
 Thanks again. Turns out that there is a newer v1.4.33 from June 2017:

https://navspark.mybigcommerce.com/content/AN0030_1.4.33.pdf

Best regards,

Kai