gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Initialization & probing questions

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Initialization & probing questions
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 15:09:39 -0700

address@hidden said:
> Which is why we always recommend to set the GPS to the right serial port
> speed before starting gpsd.

>> Is there a simple way (at least during development) to cut this down
>> to something more reasonable?

> stty -F /dev/ttyS0 115200

My reading is that the GPS is already at the "right" speed.  It's the serial
port that needs fixing.  That seems to be confirmed by your stty example.

Does gpsd try with the current/initial serial port speed before it starts
scanning other speeds?

> You could, but then that makes other things hard.  I prefer to just leave
> the GPS as is on exit.  Makes debugging easier.  Opinions vary.

I like the "leave it alone" approach.  I use gpsmon to switch between binary
and text/NMEA so other hacks don't have to mess with that stuff.  No big deal.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.