gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] [gpsd] Altitude in TPV

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] [gpsd] Altitude in TPV
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 12:18:07 -0700

Yo Gerry!

On Mon, 29 Oct 2018 14:09:01 -0500
Gerry Creager - NOAA Affiliate <address@hidden> wrote:

> Long delayed response (work got in the way of looking at hobby-related
> emails...)

Work happens.

> > I have an L1/L2/L5 GPS.  I was expecting great things, but never saw
> > them for real time measurements.
> >

> Not so much in code phase. Long term averaging of data collected at a
> fixed interval (e.g., 10-30 sec) then decimated would give a better
> representation. We can talk about the need to decimate if you'd like.

I'm currently working on adding RINEX 3 support to gpsd.  At least for
the u-blox and GREIS GPS receivers.  That can give cm accuracy when
long term data is uploaded for post-processing.

Any way to improve accuracy without internet postprocessing would be
interesting.

Right now all gpsd can do is long term averaging with gpsprof.  Good
results with gpsprof requires observations in multiples of 24 hours
to get the best results.  Diurnal effects are large.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588