gpsd-dev

Re: Low cost GPS receiver?

From: Chris Kuethe
Subject: Re: Low cost GPS receiver?
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 21:34:51 -0700

Pretty much any of the GPS receivers we mentioned would work on a raspberry pi plugged in with dupont jumpers.

You can get level shifters with DB9 connectors for about the same price as a GPS module.
https://www.amazon.com/NulSom-Inc-Ultra-Compact-Converter/dp/B00OPU2QJ4/

This one even has pins and dupont jumpers
https://www.amazon.com/DaFuRui-Converter-Connector-Equipment-Upgrades/dp/B07Z5Y1WKX/

And then you power the gps receiver over usb but ignore the native ublox serial port.