gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GPS reporting wrong time to SHM

From: Alexander Carver
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GPS reporting wrong time to SHM
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 12:35:12 -0700

On 8/15/2012 00:14, Gary E. Miller wrote:
Yo Alexander!

On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 22:58:13 -0700
Alexander Carver <address@hidden> wrote:

I've noticed that it is sending the wrong time by one second.
[...]
Has this been addressed in the later versions?

Nope, not heard anything like that.

Well you have now. :)

I can confirm that the SHM data being sent by gpsd to ntpd is now wrong after the leap second occured. I originally had a fudge value of -0.59 in ntpd.conf to account for the approximate decode delay from the SiRF data to the SHM space. However I now have to have a fudge of -1.59 to keep the SHM reported time in sync with the rest of the Internet servers. If I leave it at -0.59, the clock is one second ahead of the rest of the world.

The GPS is reporting the UTC offset of 16 seconds properly, I see it in the output from SiRFDemo and the time is correct but it seems gpsd is overcorrecting the clock with an extra second.