gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] NL-402U vs NL-602 ?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] NL-402U vs NL-602 ?
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 16:49:48 -0700

Yo Benjamin!

On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 10:10:56 +0200
Benjamin Armbruster <address@hidden> wrote:

> > not so good for time keeping.  I see the NL-602U is a uBlox6 which
> > is an excellent chip.  The NL-402U is a uBlox5 which also performs
> > well.
> Well, none of my mobile computers offers a serial port, so I'm stuck
> with USB.

Yup.

> I'm aware that digitizing the analog signal is not the best
> to do, but I have no other option.

But if time was important you have other options.

> Is it really that much of a problem?

iIf +/- 50 milli Sec does not matter to you, then no problems at
all for you application.

>  Mainly, I will be using the device for
> navigation/localisation, so accuracy is important.

By that you mean positional accuracty, not temporal accuracy.  Either
should be fine, but i expect the uBlox6 would win by a nose.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588