gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd recognizing, then falling back to NEMA for uBlox E

From: Burton, John
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd recognizing, then falling back to NEMA for uBlox EVK-7PAM GPS evaluation kit
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 16:49:32 -0500

Hi Eric!
Thank you for the response!

I haven't really played with it much past what I sent in my original e-mail. I got it to a point where it seemed to operate okay for what I needed, and moved on to other tasks. I will have to check when I get back to this particular aspect of the project.

John

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 4:08 PM, Eric S. Raymond <address@hidden> wrote:
Burton, John <address@hidden>:
> I am having a slight problem with my uBlox EVK-7PAM GPS eval kit talking to
> GPSD. Basically, it seems to recognize the receiver okay, but then drops
> back to "Generic NEMA" mode. Maybe I am not understanding the debug
> messages correctly. I am trying to set up a Linux Fedora 20 system to act
> as a NTP server and use the GPS as a source clock. It seems to be working
> fine, and i have PPS / KPPS working okay. Can someone provide some insight
> into this issue? Below are a couple of excerpts from the log (-D 5):

That is odd.  I have an EVK myself (the TCX0 version) and it does not
exhiit this behavior.  Does it still reproduce with the current head version?
--

--

John Burton, Ph.D.
MTEQ, Inc.

2680 Jefferson Davis Hwy                  Office:   540-658-2720 x1407
Stafford, VA 22554                            Mobile: 757-508-6208
address@hidden                            Fax:     540-288-2515

Please note that the contents of this email including all attachments may be privileged or confidential in nature and are intended solely for the named recipients.  If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and be aware that the use, copying, or dissemination of this information is prohibited.