gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] control ublox-M8 by gpsctl

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] control ublox-M8 by gpsctl
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 12:35:30 -0700

Yo Yunchuan!

On Wed, 01 Apr 2015 12:55:08 +0300
Yunchuan Geng <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am trying to start ublox-M8 on a embedded device based on
> freescale's iMX6 processor. The processor communicate with ublox
> MAX-M8W chip via a UART port.

Cool.

> The first step I would like to confirm is that I would like to read
> out the current configuration for example

High on mmy list of projects is a builtin way to dump the M8 config.

Until then you are a pioneer.  Let us know what you find.

> However,  in my version gpsd: 3.11~dev

I just received an M8 a few weeks ago.  Several things have been fixed
in the current giit head (3.15-dev).  You should use that.

> What could be the problem, do I have wrong understanding about the
> UBX protocol or do I use gpsctl in a wrong way.

Dunno, you are one of the first to go where you are.

> gpsctl -t "u-blox" -b -D 5 -x '\x06\x3E\x00\x00' /dev/ttymxc2

You might have better, or at least different, luck if you start
gpsd first:  gpsd -n /dev/ttymxc2

That gets the device detection and auto baud out of the way.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588