gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] How can I see if a GPS module reacts to RTCM messages I

From: Chris Kuethe
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] How can I see if a GPS module reacts to RTCM messages I send to it?
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 23:47:14 -0700

Pretty much any receiver will have a fix quality indication that
includes 2d, 3d, or 3d+dgps - and gpsmon can display this.

Just guessing, since it's been a while since I last looked a a ublox manual:
- set the dgps source to serial (ie, disable SBAS)
- don't feed corrections in, wait for fix
- observe 3D uncorrected mode
- start feeding in corrections over serial
- wait for fix mode to switch to dgps

I think there's a UBX message that indicates DGPS status.