gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] u-Blox M8 NMEA malformed GPGSV - fieldcount

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] u-Blox M8 NMEA malformed GPGSV - fieldcount
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 05:40:53 -0400

Florian Kristen <address@hidden>:
> But after one aktivation with:
> gpsctl -b  -D 5 -f -t "uBlox UBX binary" /dev/ttyASM0
>
> it works fine and if i restarte the gpsd it set the NMEA format back.

That should not be happening.  The intended behavior with all ublox chips
is for it to go to the binary mode and stay there.  We know this works with
the 6s and 7s.  ublox or NaviLock may have done something odd with the M8
formware.

> Have anyone a idee to fix this problem. I think Binary UBX is better but gpsd
> will not stay after restart in this mode.

I think I shall need to live-test with the device, which is a problem since
Google is not turning up a U.S. vendor I can buy it from. Can you send me
one to test with?