gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Does GPSD compatible with novAtel gps receiver (FlexFak

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Does GPSD compatible with novAtel gps receiver (FlexFak 6)?
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 14:53:59 -0700

Yo Shengrong!

On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 17:38:58 -0400
Shengrong Yin <address@hidden> wrote:

> I try to set the output mode as NMEA with following command.
> gpsctl -f -n /dev/ttyUSB0

No, that assume the PGS is already set to NMEA mode.  gpsd will not
do that for you on the FlexPak6.

> Most of the time, it gives me the following output:
> gpsctl:SHOUT: vendor/product match with 091e:0003 not found
> gpsctl:ERROR: packet recognition timed out.

Wow, you are using a ertally old version of gpsd...

Fix that first.

2 things: you are using a really

> There is one time, it gives me this:
> $ gpsctl -f -n /dev/ttyUSB0
> gpsctl:SHOUT: vendor/product match with 091e:0003 not found
> gpsctl:SHOUT: /dev/ttyUSB0 identified as a SiRF binary at 4800.
> gpsctl:SHOUT: switching to mode NMEA.
> Then I can see some output from /ttyUSB0.

Weird that it thinks it is a SiRF, but it seemed to work.

> Why the switching is not working stably, and most of the time it keeps
> telling me
> packet recognition timed out.

A: you are yusing an old gpsd
B: the Flexpak6 has never been reported to us before.

> PS. the novAtel gps can be recognized as a general usb device. The
> following is
> from the dmesg command.

Which does not really help us here.

> [26543.453085] usbserial_generic 2-2.2:1.0: The "generic" usb-serial
> driver is only for testing and one-off prototypes.

You gotta better kernel driver you can use?

> [26543.453089] usbserial_generic 2-2.2:1.0: Tell
> address@hidden to add your device to a proper driver.

Do as it says.

RGDS
GARY