gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GPS on Qualcomm MSM7xxx and MSM6xxx devices

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GPS on Qualcomm MSM7xxx and MSM6xxx devices
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 09:12:31 -0400

eric s. raymond wrote:
 > Stanislas Bertrand <address@hidden>:
 > > My questions regarding this development are the following :
 > > - Does GPSd have any kind of heart beat monitor ( informs that the GPS
 > > serial port has been quiet for too long, or the time since the last output
 > > from the GPS ) ?
 > > - Should this management be done in GPSd ?
 > > - Should it rather be done by an external daemon which will invoke scripts
 > > to control the GPS ?
 >
 > There is something a bit like this in the code.  The middle layer of the
 > daemon
 > has to notice when a device has not sent data in too long and should be
 > dropped
 > put of the pool, lest a deads or disconnected GPS hold open a pool slot and
 > a file descriptor indefinitely.
 >
 > I'm guessing that what you want is something like a JSON notification when
 > a device is dropped?

i got no responses when i asked a related question 2 or 3 weeks ago.[1]
isn't this what the "online" field in the gpsdata_t response struct is
for?  perhaps you're about to say "yes, but it's not implemented",
which would answer my earlier question.  :-)

paul
[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gpsd-users/2015-06/msg00033.html

 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 61.0 degrees)