gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] How to forward NMEA from GPS to RS232 on RPi3

From: Bo Berglund
Subject: [gpsd-users] How to forward NMEA from GPS to RS232 on RPi3
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2016 23:40:44 +0100

I have succeeded in installing gpsd on my RPi3 with Raspbian Jessie.
I am using a GlobalSat BU-353 USB GPS receiver.

Now I can issue gpspipe -r and see the NMEA sentences stream past on
the console. :)

Next task is to send that stream out of a serial port also attached to
the RPi USB as a USB dongle.
The GPS is ttyUSB0 and the serial port is ttyUSB1 on my system at the
moment.

So is there a simple command or program like gpspipe that can be used
to send the NMEA data to a serial port and set the baudrate for the
transfer to 9600?

I think I could use this:

gpspipe -r -s /dev/ttyUSB1

to send the data out using 4800N1 (according to man gpspipe).

But how do I set another baudrate like 9600?
Maybe it cannot be done?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden