gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Field reports from Raspberry Pi GPS HAT users?

From: Alexander Carver
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Field reports from Raspberry Pi GPS HAT users?
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 21:38:50 -0700

On 2016-04-18 21:26, Eric S. Raymond wrote:

> Yeah, I believe that.  It sounds like a good idea not just on
> performance but o complexity-reduction grounds - frankly I don't trust
> any monster monolith like systemd as far as I can throw it. If I
> "apt-get install sysvinit", will that back out systemd cleanly?

Not exactly, it was tightly integrated so it takes some effort to back
nearly all of it out.

See a combination of:

http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_remove_systemd_from_a_Debian_jessie/sid_installation

and

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=121911

Probably a few others.  Eventually you'll have sysvinit and it'll work
fine.  There will still be a libsystemd0 package lingering around but
that's about it.