gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Fedora 23 - why port is still taken when service is sto

From: Jon Brase
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Fedora 23 - why port is still taken when service is stopped?
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 13:37:39 -0500

Systemd "helpfully" listens on the port of any program (or at least programs with certain configurations) that it launches at boot time and passes any data it receives to the program. If the program dies for whatever reason unrelated to the normal systemd service stopping procedure, systemd init is still listening on that port, so new instances of the program can't use it.

Jon Brase