gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] default port?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] default port?
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 22:51:03 -0700

Yo Ben!

On Sun, 8 May 2016 22:27:59 +0100
Ben Barker <address@hidden> wrote:

> From the command line I can dfo this fine, using:
>
> gpsd -N -S <port>

I hope there is more on your command line than that!

You always should have -n, and either a serial port or a command socket.

> However, when starting  as a daemon the port is always 2947

How are you starting gpsd as a daemon?  Have you, some recommend, ripped
out systemd?  gpsd and systemd do not play well together...

> But this does not seem to have any effect. The value set here makes
> its way to the init.d script, but the daemon still listens on its
> default port.

What does this command show:

# pstree -paul | fgrep gpsd

And remember, if you are using systemd the init.d script do not run
directly, if you are lucky they get tuend in .sservice files.  But
only if you have delted the coresponding systemd service first.

> What am I missing?

We'll see.

RGDS
GARY