gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] How do I completely remove gpsd?

From: Steve Mann
Subject: [gpsd-users] How do I completely remove gpsd?
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 12:53:52 -0500

First, I apologize if this is a duplicate message.
I am doing some experiments with various gps modules- some are USB and others are discrete breakout boards (ublock, for example).

Sometime in the past I installed gpsd, but I am processing the raw NMEA data in my program. However, gpsd takes ownership of my ttyUSB0 port every time I reboot. Yes, I can stop it with a 'sudo service gpsd stop', but since I will never be using gpsd, I would really rather just completely remove it.

Help would be appreciated.
Steve Mann