gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Rtcm over tcp

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Rtcm over tcp
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 14:21:23 -0700

Yo Cuningan!

On Wed, 6 Sep 2017 23:15:47 +0200
Cuningan Re Set <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am reading that gpsd can read a TCP stream as serial port.

Yes.

> I am thinking if is possible to connect a serial GPS to local gpsd
> and tell gpsd to read a TCP stream with RTCM corrections??

Yes, if your GPS supports it, but no point.

> I hope that is possible, but the question here is what TCP server you
> have used to read serial rtcm corrections and sent it to all the gpsd
> clients.

There are many, but no longer are they of any practical use.  The
RTCM corrections are now broadcast from the WAAS birds.  Bit-for-bit
identical.  If your GPS gets WAAS then RTCM adds nothing.  It your GPS
does not get WAAS, then throw it away and get a modern GPS.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588