gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Ublox EVK-M8T

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Ublox EVK-M8T
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 13:08:26 -0700

Yo Denny!

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 17:28:46 -0700
Denny Page <address@hidden> wrote:

> > On Sep 21, 2017, at 16:18, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Did you try NTPsec?  Then you can apply an offset.  And how does it
> > even know which 100 milli sec unless it has PPS time?
>
> I haven’t done anything with NTPsec. It’s on my interest list however.

NTP Classic, but better.  It is giving chronyd a run for the money.

> As to how I knew which was the correct edge… with the “polarity” set
> to “rising” (the default),

Don't care.  As I said: gpsd auto detects the correct edge.  This code
has been around a long time and works very well.  For years everyone
that thought they saw a problem with that code has been proven wrong.

The way forward, as I already mentioned, is to run ntpshmon and look at
the results.  ntpshmmon only needs gpsd to work.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588