gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd will not work with WBT-201 - gpsmon does

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd will not work with WBT-201 - gpsmon does
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 12:48:44 -0800

Yo address@hidden

On Mon, 4 Dec 2017 02:00:17 +0100
"address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I would like to request some major help with my gpsd on raspi. It
> will not work in any way. I don't have any idea on how to continue
> (gpsmon works, gpsd not).
>
>       gpsd -N -D8 -F /var/run/gpsd.sock /dev/ttyUSB0

You use -F option OR a device, not both/

Also, be sure, if you have systemd, that it is not also trying to manage
/dev/ttyUSB0, /var/run/gpsd.sock, or gpsd.

Before you even try that, before you try to start gpsd, what does this do,
when run as root: gpsctl /dev/ttyUSB0

It should show something like:

# gpsctl /dev/ttyUSB0
gpsctl:ERROR: no gpsd running or network error: can't connect to host/port pair.
/dev/ttyUSB0 identified as a NMEA0183 at 9600 baud.

>       Dec 4 01:31:50 raspi systemd[1]: Started GPS (Global
> Positioning System) Daemon. Dec 4 01:31:50

> raspi gpsd[1141]: gpsd:ERROR: device open of ttyUSB0 failed: No such file or
> directory

Well, you gotta have /dev/ttyUSB0 first!

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588