gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] parsing NMEA PASHR record

From: Roger Oberholtzer
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] parsing NMEA PASHR record
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 07:18:06 +0000

> Yo Roger!

> Overall this looks good.  The indentation is not right, probably email
> related.  Also, something like this also needs a test case. Do you have some
> sample NMEA output that has PASHR in it?  Send it with the updated patch, and
> run it through gpsfake to see if you get the output you expect.

The indenting is an e-mail artifact. In the code it is just like all the other
code.

We tried this in a real measurement and found that the report cycle changed.
Whereas before the change we had lat/long with some expected frequency in the
shared memory, after this patch we had primarily NaN. That is why we suspected
that this patch was messing with the report cycle.

> If you do that, and I don't get sick again, I'll add it to git head.

We will do a bit more testing. The holidays may delay things. But when we are
ready we will happily pass it along.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

RST Systems