gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] [gpsd-dev] Bug report: 100% CPU usage

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] [gpsd-dev] Bug report: 100% CPU usage
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 15:45:24 -0800

Yo Fabian!

On Wed, 7 Feb 2018 20:54:15 +0100
Fabian Franz <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I am unable to duplicate.  I am running git head.  Can you provide
> > some more details?  What GPS?  NMEA or native binary?  What gpx
> > command line options?  Etc....
> u-blox-7 USB stick, default mode (whatever is the default) command
> line was just gpxlogger.
>
> When I run ./gpxlogger in the directory, it does not output anything
> except the XML header (and footer after ctrl+c) when the old daemon is
> still running (starting the new gpsd does not help).

Which is 'the directory'?  You need to start gpsd, and verify it is working
with something like cgps, then run gpslogger.

> From that I think that gpxlogger is reading from the device here.

It should not be reading from the device, it needs to read from gpsd.

> The
> new command tries to read from DBUS. In strace I get timeout errors in
> POLL commands.

Not sure what you mean by 'new command'.

> The following command works with the old daemon without issues - same
> results for the old command
> ./gpxlogger 127.0.0.1:2947

Not sure what you mean by 'old daemon'.

And the important part, is how did you start gpsd?

> > Can you try to get the current gpsd dev version?  It is here:
> >
> > http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gpsd.git

The most important question, unanswered.  It is hard for us to
support gpsd as modified by different distributions.  Plus we
have no way of fixing what the maintainers do.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588