gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] problem with Stratum-1-Microserver HOWTO

From: Charles Muggen
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] problem with Stratum-1-Microserver HOWTO
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 23:22:24 +0100

I know you keep saying that, but the admin guy keeps yelling at me. I'll go
root.

I found out something odd
If I run:
./gpsd/gpsd -n /dev/gpsd0 from the home prompt, I get no PPS bars

If I run:
sudo ./gpsd/gpsd -n /dev/gpsd0, I get PPS bars.

The answer to that is to go root, huh?
And stay root?

How do I go to root?
sudo -s?

Also, I need to ask you. When the Raspi 3 boots up, there's a line that passes
by that says:
switch to ondemand cpugovernor (unless shift key is pressed)

I read somewhere that the BAUD rate on the mini-UART varies depending on the
clock rate.
Is there a way to lock the clock rate?
I don't care about saving energy.
I'm plugged into the wall.

On another note, I wasn't seeing any NMEA messages on gpsd0.
Then I tried:
sudo stty -F /dev/gpsd0 raw 9600 cs8 clocal -cstopb
sudo cat /dev/gpsd0
NMEA messages look clean

But if I run:
stty -F /dev/gpsd0 raw 9600 cs8 clocal -cstopb
cat /dev/gpsd0
NMEA messages are all garbled.
I was forced to reboot.

GO ROOT?!?