gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] NMEA Minimum Set to Get Most Data

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] NMEA Minimum Set to Get Most Data
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 19:23:27 -0800

Yo Joshua!

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 22:18:57 -0500
"Joshua Quesenberry" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Usage would be complex navigation and data logging, essentially
> trying to fill as much of gpsdata struct, as possible.

Still pretty generic.  For example, I'm about to push code that tells
u-blox to send ECEF data.  Your nav that complex?

Complex enough to want RTK data?  New drone autopilots use that.

And, of course, it depends a lot on what GPS you have...

The overlap between what different GPS can ouput is surprising small.

> Can anyone explain why in driver_nmea0183.c that GPVTG is
> intentionally not being processed? At line 1797 in the tarball I just
> pulled it says: "ignore Velocity Track made Good".

Usually means no one got to it yet.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588