gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] problem with Stratum-1-Microserver HOWTO

From: Charles Curley
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] problem with Stratum-1-Microserver HOWTO
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 12:28:32 -0700

On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 20:11:03 +0100
"Charles Muggen" <address@hidden> wrote:

> okay, I think I killed gpsd.
>
> address@hidden:~# systemctl --now mask gpsd.service gpsd.socket
> Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/gpsd.service → /dev/null.
> Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/gpsd.socket → /dev/null.

That should kill gpsd (because of the --now option).

> now when I run
> address@hidden:~# systemctl list-units | grep gpsd
> I get nothing.

No. You need the --all option in there to show inactive stuff, which
gpsd would be after the mask command.

I don't trust systemd or my command of it. I follow up with ps and
other system commands to be sure I got what I wanted. In this instance,

ps aux | grep gpsd

--

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has
destroyed itself within. The essential causes of Rome's decline lay in

-- Will and Ariel Durant, III The Story of Civilization (1944) epilogue