gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Galileo

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Galileo
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 10:24:37 -0800

Yo Mike!

On Tue, 6 Mar 2018 14:01:05 +0000
Mike Tubby <address@hidden> wrote:

> I would expect GPSD to detect the Ublox-8 and switch to UBX binary
> mode.

Bad expectation.  gpsd tries to do minimal reconfiguration of the
client GPS.  Checning from NMEA to native binary, and back, is the
job of gpsctl.  But I have seen reports of that mode switch is flakey.

> Once in binary mode the config message UBX-CFG-GNSS (0x06 0x3E) would
> have to be sent to enable Galileo operation ...

No need to wait.  u-block is happy mixing NMEA and native binary on both
the input and output.

> I suspect that GPSD
> does not do this (yet) in the same way that GPSD does not enable
> hardware monitopring of antenna faults, jamming detection or spoofing
> detection.

Correct.  I'm working on it, but nothing to show yet.

So far, the gpsd policy has been to let the user set up those
things as they wish, then start gpsd with -b.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588