gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Galileo

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Galileo
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 10:32:08 -0800

Yo aimdev!

On Tue, 6 Mar 2018 12:08:19 +0000
aimdev <address@hidden> wrote:

> Galileo has been enabled using the ubx-center program as has NME 4.1,
> and the Galileo satellites are present. Nmea sentences as monitored
> by ublox-center are present

Yeah, but did it stick?  You gotta save the updated config, some
u-blox do not have a way to save config.

> I also disabled all constellations except Galileo,

Bad idea, except for testing.  I often have zero GALILEO overhead.

> but suspect using
> gpsmon that this may be modified by gpsd as there are more satellites
> that I expect,

Bad expectations.  u-blox still tracks the other GNSS, it just does not
use the other brods in its nav/time solutions.

> Grepping the code show’s no occurrences of $GAGSA or $GAGSV sentences,
> which makes me suspect gpsd is not Galileo compliant, but I am happy
> to be proven incorrect :)

Incorrect!  gpsd ignores the talker ID.   Just look for GSV.

Sadly, GPS do non-standard things with the talker ID these days, so
GPS may need talker ID parsing in the future.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588