gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Missing fixes

From: Fabián Inostroza
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Missing fixes
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2018 22:03:42 -0300

Hi,

Sorry, reading the raspberry CPU manual I found that it has no DMA for the UART but it has a large FIFO [1]. Some time ago I did some tests with an Arietta G25 [2] and a Ublox M8, the linux module missed various characters and I had to enable the DMA since the CPU had no FIFO.

For the record, this is what I modified in the devicetree to enable DMA in USART2

usart1: address@hidden {
pinctrl-0 = <&pinctrl_usart1>;
status ="okay";
atmel,use-dma-rx;
atmel,use-dma-tx;
};

Deven could try to connect a USB-Serial adapter on the TX line of the gps to check if it sends all the data.

[1] https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/raspberrypi/bcm2835/BCM2835-ARM-Peripherals.pdf, page 175
[2] https://www.acmesystems.it/catalog_arietta

Yo Fabián!

On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 02:10:56 -0300
Fabián Inostroza <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is DMA enabled for the /dev/ttyAMA0? if not, try enabling it in the
> devicetree

Care to elaborate?  Example or link?

RGDS
GARY