gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Missing fixes

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Missing fixes
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 21:45:41 -0700

Yo Deven!

On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 19:19:40 -0700
Deven Hickingbotham <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've finally configured my Raspberry Pi 3 and u-blox Neo 7 to use the
> binary protocol.  The u-blox is sending just the NAV-PVT message.  I
> can confirm this on a Python app I wrote.  But I can't get gpsd 3.16
> to work.  When I fire up cgps I get no data.

Dunno, some logs would be useful.

> I'm using the -n and -b options with gpsd.

Did you try setting binary with gpsctl -b after starting gpsd?  I've been
ding that lately, and it seems to be flakey, not dug into it yet.

I've been working on a Python program to do some flexible setup on the
u-blox, but nothing ready to show yet.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588