grammatica-devel

[Grammatica-devel] Keeping C# and Java in sync

From: Hilco Wijbenga
Subject: [Grammatica-devel] Keeping C# and Java in sync
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 19:28:48 -0700

Hi all,

I noticed that the C# code is pretty much a copy of the Java code.
Would it not be possible to generate it from the Java code instead of
maintaining two separate code bases?

The main differences are the namespaces, the use of "...
DoSomething(...)" instead of "... doSomething(...)" and some C#
specifics ("get" and "set"). If we don't mind foregoing some of the
C#-isms then I think the Java code can be reused almost verbatim.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Hilco