grammatica-users

Re: [Grammatica-users] C# help

From: Per Cederberg
Subject: Re: [Grammatica-users] C# help
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:39:11 +0100

Forgot to cc: the list.  /Per

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: Per Cederberg <address@hidden>
To: Sebastien Le Calvez D. <address@hidden>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:37:21 +0100

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 21:32, Sebastien Le Calvez D. wrote:
> I need help on compiling the c# version of grammatical. I know that in
> order to compile (with ms csc) I have to do something like csc
> /lib:lib /reference:grammatica-1.4.dll, but I don’t know what to put
> after that. Is there some kind of manual for the c#. What file do I
> have to compile??

Do you mean to compile Grammatica proper or to compile
your own code using Grammatica? The steps one normally
takes for the latter are:

1. Run Grammatica on you .grammar file:

   java -jar grammatica-1.4.jar hello.grammar --csoutput .

   There are more options if you like something a bit
   less "vanilla".

2. Compile your code with the Grammatica library
   (plus the newly created parser code). With Mono
   this would be:

    mcs -lib:lib -reference:grammatica-1.4.dll -out:hello.exe
-main:MainClass -target:exe *.cs

   I suspect you can just replace "mcs" with "csc" to
   have it work with the MS stuff.

3. Run your code. With Mono (again) this step is:

   mono hello.exe

   In Windows I think you can run the hello.exe
   directly but I wouldn't know (not having Windows
   here to test on).

The above example assumes that the grammatica-1.4.dll
lives in the same directory as everything else. It is
normally a bad idea to put everything in a single
directory, but it made this example so much easier!

Hope this helps!

> I’m doing a T-SQL instruction parser. I have my BNF grammar. Thanks
> for the help….

Cool! I will start publishing Grammatica grammars on
the web site soon, so if you'd like to contribute
you'd be very welcome!

Cheers,

/Per