grammatica-users

Re: [Grammatica-users] small problem: ant action always fires

From: Per Cederberg
Subject: Re: [Grammatica-users] small problem: ant action always fires
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:03:01 +0100

With some small modifications to your build.xml, this should be
possible to do. I think something like this should work (no time
to test right now... :)

<taskdef name="grammatica"
  classname="net.percederberg.grammatica.ant.GrammaticaTask"
  classpath="grammatica.jar" />

<target name="build-java">
  <uptodate property="subscript.uptodate"
    srcfile="subscript.grammar"
    targetfile="src/subscript/language/grammar/SubscriptParser.java" />
  <antcall target="build-codegen" />
</target>

<target name="build-codegen" unless="subscript.uptodate">
  <grammatica grammar="subscript.grammar">
    <java dir="src"
      package="subscript.language.grammar"
      public="true" />
  </grammatica>
</target>

The reason for the codegen being run always, is that you didn't
place the <grammatica> task inside a target. That meant that it
was called every time the build file was run.

Cheers,

/Per