grammatica-users

[Grammatica-users] Question about regular expressions involving quoted s

From: Andrew Smellie
Subject: [Grammatica-users] Question about regular expressions involving quoted strings
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 13:17:16 -0400

Hi

I am trying to write a regular _expression_ that will parse a quoted string

This is what I have so far:     QUOTEDSTRING = <<"([^"]|"")*+">>

How can I modify this to allow double quotes inside the quoted string, perhaps denoted by an escape character? An example of such a string might be:

"\"a quoted string\"" would be parsed to read "a quoted string"

As an aside, I cast around for different parser generators and have found grammatica the easiest to use!

Thanks

Andrew