grdesktop-users

Re: [grdesktop-users] copy/paste on grdesktop

From: Thorsten Sauter
Subject: Re: [grdesktop-users] copy/paste on grdesktop
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 20:28:36 +0200

Hi Johan,

* johan <address@hidden> [2004-06-15 23:04]:
| I have a question : I use (g)rdesktop and I connect from a linx box with
| grdesktop to a windows2000 server : everything works fine : no problem
| with connecting, but I try to copy/paste from win2000 ---> linux box and
| from linuxbox ---> win2000, and this doesnt work. With terminalservices
| on windows-client ---> win2000 server , this works.
|
| Anybody know how to do this ?
| version of grdesktop is
| grdesktop v0.23
| rdesktop 1.3.1

as you probably knows this isn't a grdesktop issue. Grdesktop is only
a frontend which exectue the rdesktop binary. Afaik cut'n'paste is
corrently not possible with (g)rdesktop. A well known solution is using
samba on the unix host to share files (as clipboard). Maybe there is
samething in the current cvs version of rdesktop, but I'm not sure.

You can try to ask on the rdesktop-user list about this.

Sorry for this and thanks for your help

Bye
Thorsten

p.s. Please let us know the answer from the rdesktop users :-)

--
Thorsten Sauter
<address@hidden>

                                (Is there life after /sbin/halt -p?)