RE: [Groff] Re: groff -mgm: .PIC

From: Ted Harding
Subject: RE: [Groff] Re: groff -mgm: .PIC
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 16:21:16 -0000 (GMT)

On 30-Jan-01 Hans-Peter Meiser wrote:
>   I am quit new to groff and including eps-files is an new and
> interesting option to me.
>
>   1. Where do I find the gm-macro package and documentation?
>
>   2. Is there a different option for including eps-files
> existent/known?
>
>   3. Can the gm-macro package be used when also an other package is
> involved?

You should be able to do this using any macro package provided
the output device is PostScript (-Tps option to groff/troff, which
is the default anyway). This is because troff itself reads the file
.../groff/tmac/tmac.ps which in turn reads in tmac.pspic in
which the PSPIC macro is defined.

The basic method is to use the PSPIC command in the form

  .PSPIC filename.eps

This prints the EPS file centred on the page preceded and followed
by a little space, in the size specified by the BoundingBox of
the EPS file.

Variants are described in the man page "man grops" (see under the
description of \X'ps: import).

Ted.

Topical Thought:   It is better to arrive, than to travel hopefully.
E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 284 7749
Date: 30-Jan-01                                       Time: 16:21:16