Re: [Groff] Groff-1.17.2 for Windows

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] Groff-1.17.2 for Windows
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 07:28:52 +0100

Hi,

> A win32 port of Groff-1.17.2 is available from
> http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net Groff is a collection of text
> processing tools, e.g. for man pages. It can also be used for papers
> with tables, mathematics, graphics and graphs. This port includes
> Grap-1.20, Deroff-1.7 and Troff2LaTeX-2.2

I was thinking last night how it's a shame that GNU groff doesn't
include grap as standard.  Having looked at Ted Faber's source
presumably that's because of a licence problem?  FreeBSD versus GPL?

    http://www.lunabase.org/~faber/Vault/software/grap/

If so, is it OK for grap to be bundled in the Win32 port?  I'm not
trying to find fault here, just trying to understand the licencing
issues and what affect they're having.

Ralph.