[Groff] A hack, but it seems to work (Re: A less than trivial indexing p

From: Sigfrid Lundberg, NetLab
Subject: [Groff] A hack, but it seems to work (Re: A less than trivial indexing problem)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:22:34 +0100 (CET)

I've sort of solved my problem. I've written a XSL transform producing
a document as the one you can find below. Instead of diversions, I use
macro definitions, eg.:

.de title etitle
bla bla
.etitle

where .etitle itself is a macro which executes .title, writes it to file,
appends a page number (using the .writem and .write requests,
respectively) and then removes the macro. The logs are somewhat dirty but
are easy to clean up.

Its a hack, but it seems to work :)

Sigge

---- output form XSLT -----

.open PERSON persons.txt
.open TITLE titles.txt
.de eperson
.person
.writem PERSON person
.write PERSON " ... \\n[PN]
.rm person
..
.de etitle
.title
.writem TITLE title
.write TITLE " ... \\n[PN]
.rm title
..
.LP
.de title etitle
.de person eperson
Johanne Nielsdatter Munks
.eperson
Tidebog
.etitle
is a typical example of a book of this kind.
However, other persons have ordered similar books.
For instance, it is said that
.de person eperson
Sara Jakobsdatter
.eperson