Re: [Groff] Re: html and accents problem

From: P. Alejandro Lopez-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: html and accents problem
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 06:41:58 -0500

At 11:21 a.m. 27/03/2002 +0100, you wrote:
> There are several bugs not related to the problem I reported
> initially that seems to have showed up in these files. No mattter
> what I do, I can't set up the page offset in the Quevedo's [ms]
> document.

You have to use .po directly.

This is very strange.  Changing the PO register works only *after* the
first page.  Why?  At least the ms macros on Solaris behave similarly,
so it seems intentional.  Has someone an explanation?

Hmm... It could be that one is expected to use a cover page? Not a good assumption though.

[snip]

BTW, you did the following:

This is not a good idea.  groff now thinks that those characters are
letters also w.r.t hyphenation.  In case of, say, `thisisalongword«',
groff no longer finds the correct right border of the word, so it may
miss some hyphenation patterns.

I'll never do this kind of hard thinking on weekend midnights, ever again.

--
Alejandro López-Valencia
http://dradul.tripod.com/