[Groff] Inserting PostScript images

From: Graham Ashton
Subject: [Groff] Inserting PostScript images
Date: 27 Mar 2002 12:51:00 +0000

Hi. I'm looking to insert PostScript files into groff documents, but am
having trouble finding documentation that covers the issues.

Somebody has mentioned the 'PSPIC macro to me (that I understand is
processed by grops), but the grops manpage isn't very explicit about how
best to use it from within groff. My experiments have shown that it's
quite easy to overlay text on top of images, which I'd like to avoid
doing.

Are there any more docs for 'PSPIC?

I'm also interested in finding out how I can control the position of
text relative to images, whether it is safe to put images inside tables,
etc.

Pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

--