Re: [Groff] Re: Resource forks in OSX

From: Christian Jensen
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: Resource forks in OSX
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:20:33 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > When I was having problems with my IPA font, I set GROFF_FONT_PATH to /usr/
> > share/groff/font/devps long before I discovered that I should have been
> > putting the font in the version directory. However, groff still couldn't
> > find my new font.
>
> GROFF_FONT_PATH must point to `font' only!  `devXXX' will be
> automatically appended by groff:
>
>   GROFF_FONT_PATH=/usr/share/groff/font

Hmm, I put my fonts in the directory specified by FONTPATH in defs.h, so
that wasn't the problem. But I just tried to install some other fonts
using Ted's method and it worked just fine! It seems that the exact font
he mentioned - XIPA10 - is one of the few fonts which _don't_ work, but
which I did get to work using Alejandro's method.

In fact, I just installed MS Comic Sans, converted from TrueType, and it
worked perfectly. So my guess is that something goes wrong with the font
encoding in some cases. Although, I wouldn't begin to know what.

Now I just need to learn how to install and use a whole new font family.
Any pointers?

Christian