[Groff] Oddball idea

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: [Groff] Oddball idea
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 21:34:46 -0400

I was cursing FrameMaker's text inset bugs at work yet again,
when I thought of something.

Say you are documenting a gadget (say, a widget with routing
capability) and you have a pile of CLI commands with some
overview text. Man would be the obvious choice for the commands
themselves, but say you were using -mm for everything else.
Would it be possible to do something like this?

        .mso m.tmac
        .so ch01_overview.mm
        .clear-the-world
        .mso an.tmac
        .so command1
        .so command2
        .so command3
        .clear-the-world
        .mso m.tmac
        .so ch02_overview.mm
        etc

Even more convenient would be a stack or array (like ev) but
that could clear & restore the namespaces:

        .super-ev 1
        .mso m.tmac
        .super-ev 2
        .clear-the-world
        .mso an.tmac
        .\"
        .super-ev 1
        .so ch01_overview.mm
        .super-ev 2
        .so command1
        .so command2
        .so command3
        .super-ev 1
        .so ch02_overview.mm
        .so command 4
        etc

Tell me I'm nuts, but I think it would be handy once in a
while.

--
Larry Kollar   k o l l a r  at  a l l t e l . n e t
"Content creators are the engine that drives value in the