Re: [Groff] latin2.tmac

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] latin2.tmac
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:19:59 +0200 (CEST)

> - What naming standard are we going to settle on for caron chars in
> particular and latin2 chars in general,.For example \(vC and \(vc
> are missing. The problem: I cannot enter latin2 chars in xterm so I
> need these names, despite iso definitions.

Basically, I don't want to add *any* glyph name which doesn't follow
the AGL (Adobe Glyph List).  Thus, proper glyph names for `č' and `Č'
are \[u010D] and \[u010C], respectively.  I'll try to add the glyph
composition feature soon (see my mail `Re: [Groff] Some thoughts on
glyphs' from Aug 26th), then you will be able to say \[c v] and
\[C v] to access those two glyphs.

>  - To whom shall I send latin2.tmac after it is finished?

To the list if it's not too big, otherwise to me.

> - How old is groff (don't forget to add troff time to this?)
> actually? And what is the worst kind of machine it is capable to
> compile/run on?

Please read the chapter `History' in the groff info manual or the man
page `roff(7)'.  In short, troff is about 30 years old; the first
version of groff has been released in 1990.

    Werner