Re: [Groff] UTP Proofreading Fixes

From: Jon Snader
Subject: Re: [Groff] UTP Proofreading Fixes
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 14:30:32 -0400

On Sat, Sep 28, 2002 at 10:15:26AM -0500, Michael Hobgood wrote:
>       Now that the UTP is in the proofreading stage, I've
> a few questions to ask those of you who have performed the work.
>
>       1. If I should find a small error in a file, do you wish for me
> to send Larry the fix or send the fix to the person(s) who
> originally typed/scanned/marked-up the material?

Why not both?  That makes it less likely that a change gets lost.

>       2. I've inlined a proposed header to be included in each
> individual file. It is along the lines of the GPL statements and
> hopefully keeps in the spirit of the open source community.  What
> do you think?  Do we want something like this?  If so, comments on
> the draft please.

Looks fine to me.

>       3. Along with item 1, some consistency work will now need to
> be done.  For instance, the page numbers need to be converted to the
> .page xxx macro format, so that those desiring to furnish updated material
> have a reference point.  I can change those as I proof the file.  Do
> you want this done?

I think I sent along a script to convert the page numbers to the
.page xxxx format.  I'll hunt it up if you need it.  I definitely
think you should make this change if you have the time.

>       4. As you will note in the proposed header, I am claiming that
> we fixed any errors we found in the original book, if fixing them was
> possible; and that we put a note to that effect in the source.  At least
> that is what I did.  Do you all agree that this should be done?  I can
> easily do this while proofing.

Yes.

>       Let me know what you want.  I will do what each individual
> wishes.

Thanks for all your hard work Machael.

Jon Snader