Re: [Groff] Wrapping text within a table

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] Wrapping text within a table
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 11:53:29 +0000

Hi Tim,

> Is there a way to specify a maximum width for cells in a table, so
> that groff will word-wrap within the table?  I hate having to wrap
> manually--why own a dog and bark for yourself?

Have you tried placing the text in a block using T{ and T}?

    .TS
    tab(:);
    l l l.
    x:T{
    If the automobile had followed the same development as the computer, a
    Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per per gallon,
    and explode once a year killing everyone inside.
    T}:x
    .TE

Sorry if this isn't what you meant.

Cheers,