Re: [Groff] Filtering out grotty terminal sequences

From: Alejandro Lopez-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] Filtering out grotty terminal sequences
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 18:19:39 -0500

At 06:06 p.m. 11/03/2003, Alejandro Lopez-Valencia wrote:
At 04:04 p.m. 11/03/2003, Meg McRoberts wrote:
I think the standard way is to process the file and then run
it through col -b.  For example:

       groff -mandoc -t -Tlatin1 param.man | col -b > param.1M

Yodl is hopelessly out of date (last update in 1999) and knows othing about SGR sequences (ANSI screen escape codes).

Huh! Where did the yodl thing came from? That goes to demonstrate that one should not combine serious reading of lilypond's documentation with reading email messages in top post style. One needs to throw too many brain cells to the bonfire.

But my observation stands, to use col -b you need to output text with old style formatting ;-)