[Groff] Bug in troff (?)

From: Robert D. Goulding
Subject: [Groff] Bug in troff (?)
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 23:29:23 -0500 (EST)

Running a few documents through groff recently, I've noticed a weirdness
that wasn't there in earlier CVS versions (how much earlier, I can't
say..)  All of these documents are written using the -ms macros; and the
oddity is that the request address@hidden is passed through literally at
the top of a page in some documents.  This request is invoked at line 530
(only) of s.tmac, in the address@hidden macro.

I have noticed this in several documents today -- never more than once in
the document, even a long one.  I'm attaching an example, a bibliography
of part of a project I'm working on.  The postscript file biblio.ps was
obtained with:

groff -R -ms -fP biblio.ms > biblio.ps

(Palatino is required, because the bug is only apparent at *certain*
pagebreaks, and this font happens to create a break at the `right'
position for it to manifest).

R.

--
Robert Goulding