Re: [Groff] Doubly slanted Greek in PDF

From: Alejandro Lopez-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] Doubly slanted Greek in PDF
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 16:03:39 -0500

At 02:16 p.m. 07/04/2003, Robert D. Goulding wrote:
Minimal document:

.EQ
alpha beta gamma
.EN

This looks fine in postscript, but when I convert to pdf with ps2pdf (AFPL
ghostscript 8.00) the greek letters come out doubly slanted, as viewed in
acroread, gv and xpdf (I'm attaching the files) -- either a bug in the SS
postscript prologue, or (more likely) in the latest ghostscript.  Can
others try this out with different gs versions?

I cannot reproduce the problem, either with GNU GS 7.05 in PDF 1.2, 1.3 or 1.4 mode, nor with JawsPDF 2.1.1 in 1.3 mode.

Morals? Cross-upgrade to GNU GS 7.06 (came out last week).